Are you a fee-only, independent financial advisor, hoping to boost your marketing and communication efforts in 2023? Maybe you don’t want to become the next big Internet sensation. But you would like the right people to get to know you and your firm as a voice of financial reason.
For that, it makes good business sense to publish a periodic e-newsletter, amplify your outreach through some SEO-friendly blog posts, and mix in a measure of targeted social media.
What’s been stopping you so far?
- Commitment: There are only so many hours in the day. As a financial advisor, you’d rather spend most of them actually advising your clients.
- Control: You don’t want to lose control of your message, or replace your own evidence-based investing and financial insights with generic spew that doesn’t even sound like you.
- Compliance: You don’t want to run afoul on compliance concerns.
- Costs: You don’t have unlimited funds for getting it done.
If you’ve been hampered by these hurdles, let’s introduce you to your favorite new find for 2023, coming to you from Wendy J. Cook Communications and Social Seed Marketing:
What Is “Set It & (Almost) Forget It”?
Tailored to suit independent, fee-only financial advisors, Set It & (Almost) Forget It is a creative alliance between two seasoned financial service providers:
Wendy J. Cook Communications (WJCC): Since 2009, we’ve been offering writing, editing, and related services crafted exclusively for evidence-based investment advisors (think Fama-French model, asset-class investing). This includes a robust Content-Sharing Library of timely and timeless materials to help advisors share evidence-based investing and related financial insights in conversational terms.
Social Seed Marketing (SSM): Social Seed Marketing launched in 2017 to offer content and ongoing digital marketing support to a range of service providers. Shortly after, SSM owner Catherine Tidd decided to work solely with financial planners to address their overwhelming need to create and distribute engaging content. Today, the SSM team excels at helping financial practices grow their brand, and advance their meaningful work as financial planners.
How Does It Work?
Your experience begins with a complimentary 30-minute consultation with a Social Seed Marketing specialist, so we can get to know your needs. After that, your Set It & (Almost) Forget It package includes:
- Blog posts: Your SSM team will handpick pieces from the WJCC Content-Sharing Library and post them to your website blog twice per month.
- Newsletters: We’ll also use the content to produce and distribute your custom-branded monthly newsletter.
- Graphic Appeal: We’ll include two custom graphics per month, tailored to appeal to your ideal audience.
- Social engagement: Based on your preferences and audience, we’ll post commentary on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn three–five times per week.
- SEO: We’ll apply best-practice SEO strategies to your communications.
- Compliance: We will work with your compliance department to secure necessary approvals. You’ll also have the opportunity to review each piece prior to posting.
- Customization: You are welcome to supplement our efforts with posts or activities of your own.
What Does It Cost?
- Social Seed Marketing’s Set It & (Almost) Forget It package costs $600/month.
- You’ll also subscribe to the WJCC Content-Sharing Library, at $325/year. (You can review the licensing agreement here.)
What Do We Mean by ALMOST Forget It?
Until now, advisors like you have had limited choices for your marketing & communications support. You could incur the costs of a full-service, personal marketing team. You could make do with budget-minded generic products. Or you could do it yourself.
Set It & (Almost) Forget It is different. By combining quality content with a semi-tailored delivery, we make it as easy as possible for you to send meaningful messages to your clients and prospects, with a solution that still fits your budget and compliance requirements. Our goal is to strike just the right balance between too much and not enough support.
Also, while the program almost runs itself, we do NOT remove you from the loop entirely. The SEC and other regulators want you to keep an eye on your third-party service providers like us … and so do we. So, we’ve also bundled in safeguards to help you and your compliance team maintain control over your communications, without sacrificing excess time out of your busy day.
Ready to Learn More?
Schedule a consultation today …